little update

The doctor that found the growth in my bladder happened to have a fiance that is a uro-oncologist at NIH. I have received VIP treatment there. While I'm still cautiously optimistic, I'm certain I'm in good hands. On Wednesday my sister Jennifer took me.  I had an ekg, labs and met with him. My oncology team believes this is very early and feels they will be able to remove everything on Tuesday. They think that is probably the only treatment I'll need. This was a huge relief. 

Thursday and Friday I returned to NIH for pre-anesthesia clinic and CT scan. I don't know if it was the driving or the appointments or my headspace but this took a lot out of me.

I'm okayish in the daytime,  but when I wake up at night, I immediately think "Oh my God,  I have cancer!" And then I cannot get back to sleep. 

Did I mention that Adam and Benicio got hand foot and mouth disease this week? The universe is being so rude to me these days. 

If you'd like to help please sign up to bring us a meal in the week post surgery. 

Thank you for your prayers and messages and phone calls and good vibes.

We're hanging in there. 

Beautiful lunch Jennifer made for us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F U Cancer, You Can Suck My D.

Please Don't Go. I'll Eat You Up, I Love You So