Starring

Thursday, June 8, 2006

Living in the Dark Ages

I can't believe that this is the year 2006. Some souls aren't allowed to marry the soul they'd like to. People blow each other to bits because of differences in their peace-preaching religion. The feminist movement is moving backwards. We have only had Christian white men in the white house. In fact, it's mostly white men running the show everywhere. I don't have anything against Christian white men, but I believe in moderation and I think diversity in our leaders would be a good idea.


White skin + penis = good decision making?


Umm, in my experience this is not necessarily so.


On the other hand we're so obsessed with being politically correct.


Retarded > Mentally Handicapped > Mentally Challenged > Special Needs


Colored > Negro > Black > African American


Lame > Crippled > Invalid > Disabled


We have to keep making up new euphemisms. Sometimes the word really does have a negative connotation, but usually the reason we make up a new word for something is that we have a prejudice about it and therefore we deem the word as 'bad'. Eventually the prejudice follows us to the new word. So we have to make up another new euphemism. Many times the euphemisms just get longer and longer.


Why can't we spend as much effort getting rid of prejudices as we do making up new words that make us feel safe in our own hypocrisy?


I don't know much at all about politics, like some of you do, but I know that everyone just ought to be accepted and have their basic human rights because they have a soul, and not based on anything else.


Here's the thing, I just want everyone to have their basic rights already. I can't believe we're still discriminating on the basis of sex, religion, race, and sexual orientation! All four! I mean, we haven't even stopped discrimination based on even just one of those things yet! Let's just get it over with and elect a Jewish-black-lesbian to the presidency next term. I think it would do wonders. Who's with me?


Bibliography "The Euphemism Treadmill"

No comments: