Starring

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Snapshot

The last 24 hours went a little something like this: I had The Fear. I bought a carton of milk, 2 boxes of chocolates, 3 Barbie dolls and 1 book of logic puzzles in hopes of quelling It. Then off to another family's house, where, against my instincts, I let my three children cavort off with their children unsupervised. Dexy (my 6 year old) came back with the biggest bump on his head I've ever seen as the result of "a fighting game". On the way home it was nearly impossible to keep him awake. ER, concussion, vomit, cat scan, IV, draw blood, anti-emetic, hydration. The Worst Night. Kill me. I got him home and to bed and cried for a good hour or so. I kept him home from school today and we had The Best Day. Pancake House, Clay Cafe Studios, Panera, Hollywood Video, Penelope. He's all better. I'm getting there. The moral: I need to trust my instincts. And if you try to talk me out of them I'll f-ing slam you.

4 comments:

nurse geek said...

What is "the fear"? I am sure I will feel like an idiot later for asking.

Sorry about Dexy's head. Hope he feels better soon.

Heidi said...

Thanks. The Fear is a reference from Hunter S. Thompson's book Fear and Loathing. It's anxiety, depression, and general wanting to run away.

nurse geek said...

Ohhh. Makes sense. I was thinking it meant you were on the rag. LOL.

Sorry you had the fear. Do you feel better? We should hang out soon. I am tired of studying for the NCLEX.

Heidi said...

LOL. Well, sometimes I'm sure it coincides.