Starring

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Merriness-Go-Round

Here's the update. Thanks again for all the advice and messages and emails. Today I worked on the budget. I feel like that problem is affecting all the other problems, so I will be working on that ugly suckah this week.


On a totally unrelated note, Cole is all of a sudden grown up. He refused to wear a "3-2-1 Penguins" shirt to school the other day on the grounds that it wasn't cool anymore. He's starting to get modest around the house and actually respect my privacy so that he won't see me in any state of undress. He stunned me this weekend when we went to an indoor carousel and he didn't want to ride.


"Are you sure?"


"Yeah."


"You don't even want to stand with your brother"


"No."


"Ok, well Daddy can go 'cause I already bought the token. Let me know if you change your mind."


"Ok."


"Alright. Come on. Let's go sit on the bench like old people."


"I changed my mind."


He went, but only to "help" Dexter. He didn't ride a horse or a sea monster or a creepy giant cat or anything. It sure was sad. Man, I've never passed up a carousel ride. Of course, I'm five.

No comments: