Starring

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Adriel

On January 2nd 2008 I bought a Betta fish named and named him Adriel. I bought a fish because my youngest child had gone off to school and I needed something to take care of. I named him Adriel because that was the name I wanted to name my oldest child, but my husband said "No." That is what he says to mostly everything I ask him. Except he didn't say it that nicely that time. Adriel is a boys' name, by the by, albeit a kinda girly boys name, and here is my proof. But he was a very beautiful fishy, so it seemed right that he should have a fancy name.

As I have mentioned previously, I am frightened of animals. This was the beginning of my exposure therapy. I bought myself a pet that I didn't have to pet!

Adriel was the most friendly little fish I've ever met. Miles even taught him how to jump. I was very sad when he died last November. I buried him near my morning glories that are the same shade of blue as he.

I started writing a little memorial blog for him, but I didn't want to do it until I could get my pictures of him off of my phone. But my phone was broken and wouldn't send picture messages. It had been like that for a few years. A few weeks ago, while we were in line for Lombardi's Pizza in New York (which? so freaking delicious) Jamie decided he'd had enough and called our service provider to tell them. And what do ya know? They fixed it right over the phone. In like five minutes. So now you know how lazy I am. But also I now have pictures of Adriel (and also a good many other people that were stuck on my phone).

Here is my nice fishy Adriel. Wasn't he just beautiful?



Adriel 2007-11/24/2009

4 comments:

Jennifer August said...

I so cannot believe you didnt call me to have them fix your phone and get you free service for a year!

Heidi said...

oh man! That didn't even occur to me! Dang!

Unknown said...

Wait, like even cats and small dogs? That's strange.

Heidi said...

Damien, yeah cats and dogs. Dogs are the worst. But I think I'm mostly over it. Except big dogs.