Starring

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Sweetest Thing In The Whole Wide World Is A Happy Girl

Mexico Heidi was relaxed and happy and laughed all the livelong day. Unfortch, DC Heidi is surly and bitchy and cynical most of the time. I was tagged by RedSneaks to list 10 things that make me happy. This is probably a very good, albeit difficult, exercise for February, since February almost always makes me wanna stick my head in an oven.

  1. My family.
    A very close friend recently was giving me the 30 second synopsis of why she had issues with her dad. She ended it by saying, "My dad is the person that I love more than anything in the world, and also the person I hate more than anything in the world." I am so in love with my family, but they reduce me to tears more often than I'm willing to publicly admit.
  2. Hip bones.
    When I lie on my back and my two hip bones stick out and they make this little empty space where my belly is concave and my underwear goes straight across. I'm in love with that.
  3. Performing.
    In any capacity anywhere. I even love auditioning. I do not like performing in front of my immediate family. That's the only place I am shy.
  4. Music.
    I use music to remember, to conjure a feeling that I need, to access a person that isn't there. It's so much more than music to me.
  5. People.
    I'm addicted to meeting new people like heroine. When I'm going somewhere where there will be new people I get giddy with anticipation. I love listening to them talk and learning about them. I love my friends fiercely.
  6. Food.
    I must have delicious food to be happy.
  7. Touch.
    I'm a very touchy person. A kind touch is something exquisitely lovely to me, and I long for it with every fiber of my being. I sigh when I see a couple walk by with arms around each other. A friend of mine once touched his wife's face so sweetly that I got a lump in my throat. I will always extend a kind touch if I think you need it. If you have a stray tear I will brush it away. If you are sobbing I will hold you. That's how I show you that I love you.
  8. Words.
    I'm a student of communication. I love words-written and spoken. I often remember them verbatim. If words hurt me, it cuts me to the quick. If you give me a sweet compliment, especially if it's beautifully worded, it can sustain me through surprising trials. Mark Twain said that he could live two months on a good compliment. Me too.
  9. Art.
    And by art, I mean everything beautiful. In all of it's forms. It amazes me. Making stuff is awesome.
  10. Growing things
    Especially things I can eat. There's nothing quite like it. House plants don't really count.

I'm supposed to tag people back that I think need cheering, but doesn't everyone need cheering in February? So, I'll tag Jon at The Uncharted Journey, Brittney of The Adventures of Joe and Britt, and Dana of Happy Life as an Army Wife.

3 comments:

Britt said...

YAY thanks! I'm way too lazy to do this right now, but will definitely get on it soon :)

redsneakz said...

Bravo.

Dana said...

Wow, I'm thinking about just copying your whole list! The hip bone thing. . .AMEN! Why does that make me so happy? Glad I'm not the only one. :) Thanks for tagging!