Starring

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I have now been tagged thrice (Jennifer, Jeramie, Kelly) for this little exercise, so I suppose it's time to do it. I'm struggling to think of things that I haven't already written about, especially since I did something similar to this a while back, but here goes.



  1. I usually care more for people than they do for me. This is hard to swallow. I would probably be a lot more devastated if you died then you would be if the tables were turned. So you can rest assured that when you think no one cares, that I love you to pieces. Part of it has to do with...

  2. ...the fact that I have an incredible memory. I remember a lot more than most people do about each relationship, no matter how insignificant it was. Ask me what I remember about you. You'll be surprised. Sometimes I can even remember conversations verbatim.

  3. I am very candid and forthright. I do have some things that are secrets from most people, but I have told all of my secrets to at least one person. Just not the same person. This is probably not a good idea? I have no idea.

  4. I eat when I am bored and stressed. I am always bored or stressed. I am stressed when the kids are up and I am bored when they're in bed. I think I am finally finding better things to do so that I don't blow up like a balloon.

  5. I love performing. Public speaking doesn't frighten me.

  6. I think songs that talk about girls being really mean to boys are funny, even if they are supposed to be sad.

  7. I am a perfectionist, but my house looks like a tornado hit it?

  8. I have a mean streak that I have to keep an eye on all the time.

  9. Please don't touch my collar bone, armpit or Achilles tendon because it grosses me out.

  10. I can sing, play the guitar, and sort of play the piano. I played the violin briefly in elementary school and hated it.

  11. I am Mormon and have never made the trek to Mecca (Utah). In fact the only middle states I've really been to are Ohio and Indiana. Those don't count though, I think.

  12. I have no attention span whatsoever. I hate the dentist because I have to sit still for so long. It is SO boring.

  13. I am currently confused about what my long term goals are.

  14. I think boys typically make better friends than girls. However, it gets complicated after one or both of you gets married. This makes me sad.

  15. I was placed in a "juvenile facility" for 21 days when I was 17.

  16. I am a good cook, and I love food. I taught myself.

  17. Aside from spending my first year in California and another brief stint there senior year, I have lived in Northern Virginia my entire life.

  18. I PROCRASTINATE EVERYTHING. Except for confrontation.

  19. Today is my friend Jon's birthday. I haven't talked to him in years. We used to be inseparable, but I don't even know how to get a hold of him now. It doesn't really matter though, because he could easily find me if he wanted, but he doesn't (see #1). I hear he is going to Iraq soon, and I fear I won't ever see him again.

  20. Aside from the U.S. I've been to Germany, France, Iceland, and Mexico. The first 3 were on the same trip.

  21. I would like a slower pace of life, but I don't know how to do that.

  22. My wedding cake was blue. Weird, huh?

  23. I have been in 4 plays in the last 7 years. All musicals. It's a lot considering the thousand children I have.

  24. Worst years of my life: 9, 19, 29. I should've seen it coming.

  25. I throw things away and my family digs them out of the trash.


Oh, and I am supposed to tag 25 people to do this on their blog or myspace or facebook or whatev so...



  1. Jamie, because it would be a good exercise for him, but he will probably never know because he doesn't read what I write anyway.

  2. David, because I miss him.

  3. Thomas, ditto

  4. Keith, because I'd like to hear about his quirkiness of late.

  5. Sean, ditto.

  6. Rob, because I find him interesting.

  7. Liz, because she understands me.

  8. Kristina, because I think she may know all things.

  9. Vin, ditto

  10. Shawn, because it will be funny.

  11. Ben, ditto

  12. Dad, because it might be hard for him.

  13. Ali, because I wonder about that girl.

  14. Alison, because we live parallel lives.

  15. Robin, because I love her.

  16. Nikki, because I think she might love this crap.

  17. Hillary, because I want to know the real Hills.

  18. Raphaele, because I wonder how she's doing.

  19. Danielle, because I worry and wonder what she is up to.

  20. Dan, because he's got some interesting random things.

  21. Jonathan, because he is so private.

  22. Susan, because I miss her phone calls.

  23. Megan, because I wonder what she's been up to.

  24. Rodrigo, because he is mysterious.

  25. Robin, because I am curious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u are leaving out someone.....hmmm... who can it be..

Anonymous said...

Heidi, you totally crack me up, and yes I TOTALLY understand you. ALL of you!

raphaele said...

Heidi,
I did one, it is one my page. I am doing ok. Thanks for wondering about me. I am glad you even HAVE resolutions from last year and this year, I am so bad I have none from any years.....well, at least that way I can't fail....as for cleaning house, please come over unannounced mid week, any week, it will make you feel great about any current state of affairs in your own home, I promise :-)))