Starring

Tuesday, March 7, 2006

The Meaning of Love

I put Dexter down for a nap and he asked me if I could snuggle him. When I walked in there he beamed at me and said "SCOOT!" as he scooted over to make room.


"I love you." I said.


"I wove you too. What does I wove you and I wove you too mean?" He asked.


"It means I think you're so special and I am really happy I have you and I am so glad you are my little boy."


He inhaled quickly and his face lit up. He said "I WOVE YOU! I AM gwad you are my wittle boy and I don't want you to die and I wove you so much I could SCWEAM! AHHHH!"


Then he tucked his blanket around me and he threw both arms over top of my neck in sort of a two-armed-one-sided hug. He fell asleep like that in under two minutes with loud three-year-old snores that would make my Pappy proud.


Sigh.

No comments: