Starring

Thursday, March 9, 2006

Tila Tequila

Can someone please explain the Tila Tequila thing to me? Like, is she a singer or a model or a designer? The big fascination is that she's naked, right? I mean, it's not her music, is it? Don't get me wrong, I love pretty half-naked chicks as much as the next guy. I am just confused because they're sort of a dime a dozen on myspace. I mean look here, or here, or over there.


So, I am trying to figure out what makes Tila so much more interesting than all the other nearly nude model/actress/singer/waitresses out there. Is it cause the professional-ness of her pictures is better than the other leading brand? There is definitely something, because she apparently has the most popular myspace page of all time. In case you're like me and are not one of the 852,000 people that have 'friended' her, you may not know, but she is on the cover of 'Stuff Magazine' this month. I bought it yesterday to try to get some sort of history or a grasp on what exactly she's pushing. The interview wasn't great or helpful, but that's not necessarily her fault. The pictures were pretty cute. I am new to Ms. Tequila, so hopefully one of you know what is going on and can explain it to me.


She also has a clothing line. There is a *shirt on there that I thought was a man with a giant mustache sneezing tobacco all over the place, but it turned out it is a picture of guns with wings. Which do you see?


I have to give her mad props for getting famous from her myspace page, though. She wanted to be famous, and she achieved her goal with minimal help. It looks like she is still not signed to a label or has an agent or anything, so that was very resourceful of her. A one-woman show. High five.


*UPDATE: I am sad to say that the tobacco sneeze tee shirt is no longer at the link that is posted here. Sorry, I shoulda taken a screen shot.

No comments: