Starring

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Spins

I'm in this band called The Spins. We don't play much anymore because our drummers are transient, and the rest of us are having babies and such.


Anyway, I guess we could replace the drummer, but it's actually more important that you fit in than whether or not you can play the drums.


Finding someone who fits in seems to be much harder than finding a drummer. It's not like we're super cool and picky. We're actually super dorky and immensely strange, but in a similar way, and you must also be strange in this particular way. We may have to go to the circus for a drummer. A monkey would fit in perfectly. In fact, one of our old drummers, Dylan, was a monkey.


Jamie could play the drums instead of bass, Ryan could play bass instead of guitar, and I could play guitar, but Ryan says it's not ladylike to play the guitar. And I guess I am supposed to be a lady...albeit while singing lyrics that state "It's my first time, please be nice", and "I'm gonna get in his pants tonight, and I'm gonna make it right" and who could forget "my old records just won't do, and I'm out of freshener too" (referring to huffing air freshener).


So we have all these versatile boys who can play anything, but I am not allowed to play the guitar.


Jason, I miss your amazing drumming. Ryan and I were just talking tonight about how nice it was to have a real drummer for our not so real band. I think you totally were the star of the show.


Dylan, the most enthusiastic drummer ever, I miss it when you knock the drums over at the end of each set and I have to jump off the stage because the bass drum is rolling towards me. But most importantly, I miss the shenanigans.


From 2003

Jason, Dylan, Heidi, Jamie, Ryan
They're bubblegum cigarettes, y'all.


P.S. Last night, while I was over at Ali and Ryan's, Fred said that he might be able to learn to play the drums for us. His girlfriend, Erin endorses this idea. Yeah Fred!

No comments: