Starring

Sunday, March 5, 2006

Where Are You Going My Baby, My Own?


Cole, 1 year


My firstborn son Cole turned eight today. Around midnight last night I climbed in bed with him and kissed him on the cheek to say good-bye to the seven-year-old Cole. He is so amazing. His current fascination is chemistry. We got him a periodic table of elements and some sort of rector set that he can build molecules with. Jamie promptly built a benzene molecule with it, which Cole recognized immediately as such. Not only can I not build any molecule, I couldn't even figure out how to make an equilateral triangle with the thing.


Last night we arrived home from a week in Orlando with my parents and my brother, Thomas. We spent five days at Disney and one at Seaworld. This was very tiring, but my children were so taken with everything that it made all the exhaustion worthwhile. Every solitary thing at Disney is to make children happy. Highfive.


Dexter loved the parades. He just kept waving and saying "HEWWO!!". Occasionally, he would turn around and say "He waved wight at me!!" He also loved meeting his favorite characters. He was completely star struck with Alice in Wonderland, who was the first character we encountered. He hugged her for an extremely long time. Fortunately, Disney hires people who love children, so she was just as happy as he was. We learned the hard way that Dexter hates roller coasters. We took him on one and he bit me on the boob, while simultaneously trying to hug me, climb onto my head, and claw his way into my body. It was really weird. Afterward he said, "I bit you because I was sooo afwaid."


Miles mostly just wanted to go on rides and got pretty antsy if we were doing some sort of walk-through thing or show. He also had figured out that we had almost no disciplining options and that he could get away with a lot more in a theme park than at home. This was much more irritating for me than Jamie, who has loads more patience than I do. Miles was really brave and loved all the scary rides. Tower of Terror was no big deal for him at all.


Cole liked collecting "autographs" from all the different characters. We had lunch with Winnie the Pooh and gang and I was so happy to see that Cole still liked Winnie the Pooh. I know most of the boys his age are into Spiderman and Power Rangers, but I just love my sweet little boy who is a young eight and still so innocent.

No comments: